Fashion Textile Manufacturer Job Profile and Description
The Fashion textile manufacturers are a very important and integral part of the fashion world. They are the one who involved in the designing, cutting and sewing of the cloths from the fabric. They are also known as the apparel manufacturers. Their work may not be as glamorous as models and designers.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a fashion textile manufacturer:
- The main responsibility is converting the natural and manufactured fibers into usable products.
- He or she has to clean the fabrics by using the various processes and procedures like applying colors and dyes or make patterns in the textile.
- The Fashion textile manufacturers may also work as contractors or sub contractors.
- They may also work for the bigger manufacturers who often contract production to such contractors and subcontractors.
- The Textile manufacturers may also operate retail outlets.
- It will be also needed to operate the e machinery that makes the fiber and yarn and ultimately the production of the fabrics.
- It will be also the duty to work as an expert in the areas of design, research, and marketing.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person desiring to be a Fashion textile manufacturer should have the required knowledge of the different chemicals and technical factors.
- He or she should have the knowledge of operating the necessary machinery.
- The person needs to pay the attention to minute details,
- The person should have the ability to think creatively and understand the demands of the designer.
Education and Qualifications
- The person should have done the required courses of physics, chemistry, mathematics etc.
- He or she should have taken the necessary training in the field of textile technology either through degrees or diplomas.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Fashion Job Descriptions