Financial Analyst Job profile and Description
The financial analyst basically supposed to learn about the investment opportunities open to a client. They are also known as the investment analysis or security analysts. They are generally the specialists in the various sub sectors such as investment banking, corporate mergers, or financial ratings. He or she has to analyze the purposes of understanding the viability of the investment venture. They generally work for the financial institutions such as banks, security firms, insurance companies and mutual funds. They need to consult a client purchase or sell off stocks in a specific company.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a financial analyst which are expected to be fulfilled:
- The financial analyst has the responsibility to help the clients to make good investment decisions by the analysis and the necessary guidance to individuals and corporate organizations.
- He or she has to gather the financial information for analyzing it properly.
- It will be also necessary to make the financial recommendation properly.
- The financial analyst also needs to assess the economic performance of specific companies, industries, or financial enterprises.
- He or she has to provide a detailed analysis to clients for the investment.
- It will be needed to help the security firms and investment to sell their financial services.
- He or she has to analyze the prevailing trend in financial services, business practices and competition.
- It will be the duty to project the effect of the investments by reviewing new policies and regulations.
- He or she also needs to evaluate the ability of governments or companies that issue financial bonds to repay debts.
- He or she has to develop the forecasts as well by analyzing financial data and spotting trends.
- It is needed to identify the risk as well associated with a specific investment.
- It will be also required to make the reports and presentations for recommending the purchase or selling specific investments.
- The duty also includes answering the questions in their benefit plans or consequences of a change in career.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have a Calculative mind to do the job.
- He or she should have the excellent problem-solving skills and abilities.
- The person needs to have exceptional communication skills with interpersonal skills.
- He or she should have the abilities to put a keen attention to the detail work.
- He or she must be able to write and make convincing presentation.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required to do the job is a degree in Financial Accounting and Management to do the job.
- It will be an added advantage for the person having a CPA or an MBA degree.
Popular Job Description Search:
- financial analyst responsibilities and duties
- financial services coordinator job description
- job description of financial analyst
Filed in: Finance job description