Money Market Manager Job Profile and Description
The money market manager is the one who has the responsibility to ensure that the idle cash in hand or cash in banks become productive assets. He or she has to report to the cash management director or VP. The main responsibility is to constantly monitor the company’s banks around the country or assigned region. He or she has the duty to oversee the carry deposit accounts that can be extended for short term or day long loans to certain short term trading borrowers. There are also a number of duties and responsibilities attached to it which are expected to be fulfilled by a money market manager.
Money Market Manager Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a money market manager which have to be fulfilled:
- The main responsibility is to nurture and maintain excellent working relationships with accredited banks and fund investment houses.
- He or she also needs to work as a supervisor of the team of the money market agents and officers who are assigned banks.
- It will be the duty to ensure that the funds are correctly managed for optimum earnings.
- He or she has to maintain the coordination with the HR to ensure that allocated payroll funds are synchronized.
- It will be also needed to make sure that the most interests while meeting the deadlines for finding employees depository payroll accounts.
- The duty also includes providing the proper and regular reports to the finance committee or executives or the senior authorities.
- He or she needs to study the reports on the status of earning of idles bank resources.
Money Market Manager Skills and Specification
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person must have extensive network of money market traders, banks and investment houses.
- The person needs to have the excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- He or she should have the excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills to do the job.
- He or she should have the qualities of being a good leader.
- The person needs to have the skills of doing excellent organization so should have the required skills.
- He or she should be able to do the excellent management of the staff and the work as well.
Money market Manager Education and Qualification
- The person needs to have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or finance.
- He or she should have required past working experience of at least 10 years in the loan disbursement functions.
- It will be an added advantage for the person having MBA or master’s degree in accounting or financial management.