Stock Broker Job Profile and Description
The stock broker, as the name sounds is basically a middleman. He or she generally has to work in a stock brokerage house. They also need to buy and sell the transactions in the stock exchanges so they are also known as the investment dealers as serves as a link between financial investors and the stock exchange trading floor. They can also be the full stock brokers who analyze the opportunities of investment for suggesting the client. They earn from the commissions on the movement or trading of stocks. It is basically on the behalf of their investor clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a stock broker which have to be fulfilled:
- The stock broker has the prime responsibility to buy and sell the stocks and bonds.
- He or she has to work with the individual investors, pension fund managers, bankers and companies.
- It will be needed to conduct the studies on financial sources, stock and bond reports, corporate annual reports, economic trend reports and other materials to extrapolate investment trends.
- The broker always has to identify the investment opportunities from market and behavior of publicly listed companies.
- The stock broker also has the responsibility to analyze portfolios of investor clients.
- It will be the duty to make sure to dispose certain stocks and get more promising ones.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person must be a quick learner in processing emerging investment landscape.
- The person needs to have a thorough and deep understanding of the dynamics of investments and risk management to do the job.
- He or she must have the excellent analytical skills to analyze financial data to identify investment opportunities.
- The person needs to have the excellent team working skills.
- The person needs to have the team working skills with the interpersonal skills to establish and maintain the effective working relationships with the brokers, banks, investment houses and government financial agencies when assigned
- The person must have a firm ethical grounding not to engage in bogus brokering deals.
- The person must have the required confidence and moral rectitude to disclose the real score in advising clients.
- He or she should have the ability to suggest the clients about the most prudent and rewarding investment options.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required to do the job is a college degree in a business or accounting field with a strong bias in Banking, Accountancy, Financial Management and Business Administration.
- The person needs to have the past 2-3 year of working experience in brokering houses, stock exchanges and banks.
Popular Job Description Search:
- stockbroker job description
- Job discription and specification of stock brokerage administrative assistant
- job description for it profile in a stock broking industry
- job description of an assistant manager in a stock broking firm
- Sample Job discription and specification of financial and administrative of brokerage firm
Filed in: Finane job description