VP-Internal Audit Job Profile and Description
The VP – Internal Audit are generally employed in the large conglomerate or corporation. He or she has to report to the CFO. The main duty is to provide the excellent leadership and a perfect managed direction to a team of internal auditors. He or she has the responsibility to oversee and review the monitor the tasks of the auditors so needs to ensure that the corporate books are in order, complying with corporate internal controls and approved information systems procedures. It will be the responsibility to conform that the work is in compliance with the federal and state accounting standards and accepted practices.
VP-Internal Audit Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a VP- Internal Audit:
- He or she needs to work as a leader of the department and a team of internal auditors.
- It is needed to oversee that the duties assigned are done properly.
- He or she needs to report to the various departments of a company of its affiliates locally and overseas.
- The duty also includes reviewing the internal management controls as well as the design and implantation of automated systems to replace labor-intensive processes.
- He or she is responsible for the reviewing and approving all the audit findings for presentation to the executive staff.
- It will be also the duty to conduct the final screening interview as well for management level personnel in the department.
- It will be the responsibility to be updated and upgraded with the latest trends in internal management and accounting controls properly.
VP-Internal Audit Skills and Specification
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- He or she should have the excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills to do the job.
- He or she must have thorough and deep knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on inter accounting and management controls.
- The person should have the excellent organization skills to do the job.
- He or she should have the exceptional supervisory, leadership and managerial skills to handle the work.
VP-Internal Audit Education and Qualification
- The person needs to have a masters degree in management or business administration is basic on top of a being a CPA.
- He or she should have required past working experience of at least 18 to 25 years in the financial department of a large company or bank with the last 10 years in a management or executive position.
VP-Internal Audit Salary
The salary of basically depends upon the value of its loan portfolio and exposures nature of the business, value of investments being managed, state, and especially the holder‘s qualification.
- Generally, Internal Auditors can earn as much as $102,300 annually at the top of the range with a median of $60,000 in 2008.
Popular Job Description Search:
- vp internal audit job description
- internal audit job description
- vice president internal audit job description
- top internal audit position description
- VP internal auditor job description
- vp internal description
Filed in: Finane job description