Doctor Job Profile and Description
The Doctor is the one who needs to have the required knowledge of the effective utilization of skills and medical knowledge. They have to do the diagnosing, preventing and supervising a disease, treating patients. They generally work predominantly in public sectors, but also in the armed forces, pharmaceutical industry, research and outpatient clinics. Generally, most doctors preferred to be specialized in one field such as emergency medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry, anesthetics, general surgery, general medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, trauma and orthopedics. They are the health care professionals like radiographers, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are a wide range of duties and responsibilities which are required in a person to do the job of a doctor:
· The doctor has the prime responsibility to Supervise and provide the systematic care to patients in hospital wards.
- The doctor has the duty to use the appropriate equipments such as stethoscopes, blood pressure monitors in therapy and diagnosis.
- He or she is responsible for admitting the patients needing investigations, special care, and treatment.
- The doctor has the duty to prescribe the medicines and carrying out surgical procedures.
- The doctor has to diagnose the health condition of the patents by examining and discussing with patients.
- It is necessary to prepare the detailed notes as a legal documentation of treatment beneficial to other health care providers or professionals.
- The doctor needs to carry out the particular procedures such as specialist investigations, performing operations and many others.
- It will be needed to maintain the coordination with the senior or junior doctors as a team member, either in the same personnel or within other specializations.
- He or she has to perform the managerial duties as well such as staffing the unit, planning the workload, particularly at senior levels.
- The doctor has to maintain the collaboration with the non-medical and medical faculty in the hospital to guarantee high quality treatment.
- It is necessary to keep the patients beneficial in mind so work in a method that is reliable with health and safety practices.
- The doctor has to take actively part in the ongoing training offered by the health care services and other related institutions.
- It will be needed to be updated and upgraded with the latest medicinal information and promote the proper health education.
- It will be needed to work as a teacher for the medical students and junior doctors, researching and auditing.
- He or she is responsible for participating in creating, presenting and monitoring health programs or events as appropriate.
- It will be the duty of a doctor to be a part of the orientation programs of new faculty to organization’s policy, philosophy, health center functions, and procedures to encourage effective teamwork.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to do the job are as follows:
- The person needs to have Compassion to do the job.
- He or she needs to be very creative and have the creative mind.
- It will be needed to have the superior communication skills both verbal and written.
- He or she needs to have the patience and required consistency to respond to the demanding and complicated patient situations.
- He or she should have the ability to maintain concise, timely and accurate confidential records of patients.
- He or she should be able to prioritize patients according to their clinical needs.
- The person needs to be able to handle and balance the clinical and administrative duties.
- The person should have the ability to work very long hours, often under tight pressure and strict deadlines.
- He or she should be able to solve difficult problems and challenge decisions as well.
- It is needed to have very strong decision-making and practical skills to do the job.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required fro the job is A Bachelor’s degree in medicine.
- The other requirement is having a Certificate of General practice after graduation in medicine.
Popular Job Description Search:
- doctor job description
- job description doctor
- doctors job description
- job description of a doctor
- job description of doctor
- job description for a doctor
- job descriptions for md in home health care
- description of doctors
- example of a doctors description
- doctor job describtion
Filed in: Health care job description