Health Services Aide Job Description and Profile
The health services aide has to work under the immediate supervision. The person is responsible for providing assistance to a professional staff. He or she has to help in giving the medical or health care or any other public health services. It is needed to provide the services in the areas of the clinics and outreach visits.
Duties and Specifications
- The main duty is to take the interview of patients to gather medical history information for review of doctor.
- He or she has to record the proper information and other pertinent data on various forms.
- He or she has the responsibility to prepare the simple documentation in medical and health records and various reports.
- He or she needs to do the tasks such as fixing appointments to follow ups for patients and clients.
- He or she needs to give the instructions to patients in health and medical care properly.
- It is the duty to set up and fix the examining room for health and medical procedures.
- It is the responsibility to take the oral and rectal temperatures, heights, weights, blood pressures, and radial pulses.
- It will be the duty to collect the specimens such as stool and urine.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person should have the ability to understand the requirements and problems economically, socially, and culturally disadvantaged.
- He or she should have the skills of establishing good and harmonious relationship with individuals.
- The person needs tom have the ability to learn the various types of departmental services for health treatment and other related issues.
- He or she needs to have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written forms.
- He or she should have to maintain full confidentiality of the client information.
- The person needs to be able to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- He or she should have the skills of maintaining the proper coordination.
Education and Qualifications
- The Candidate must possess the combination of education, experience and training that provides the necessary abilities.
- He or she should have the required amount of experience in a human service or health care setting.