Housekeeper Job Profile and Description
A housekeeper is someone who has the responsibility to oversee the services of providing clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public facilities. The housekeeper also has to do the jobs such as maintaining and implementing cleaning procedures for all assigned facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the housekeeper job duties and responsibilities:
- The main duty is to operate various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers.
- He or she has to maintain facilities in a sanitary and infection free condition.
- He or she has to fulfill the jobs such as washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- He or she is responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- He or she has to plan work schedule for major tasks and needs to damp-dusts furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- He or she has to empties trash containers daily.
- It will be the duty to wet-mops floors in all residents’ rooms and bathrooms daily.
- He or she has to damp-mops all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
- It will be the duty to wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- He or she has the duty to check all vacant rooms daily to keep fresh and clean all air vents.
- It will be the responsibility to report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the excellent skills in customer service to do the job.
- He or she should have the ability to maintain good employee relationship.
- He or she should be able to identify trends and areas that are needed.
- The person should be able to demonstrate accountability for his/her actions and decisions.
Education and Qualifications
- The candidate must possess at the least a Bachelor’s degree in hotel management.
- He or she should have at least 5 years previous experience in housekeeping operations.
Popular Job Description Search:
- housekeeper job description sample
- housekeeping job description sample
- sample job description for housekeeper
- housekeeper job description
- housekeeper responsibilities
- sample housekeeper job description
- sample housekeeping job description
- housekeeping job description
- Sample Job Description Housekeeper
- housekeeping job duties responsibilities