Housekeeping Manager Job Profile and Description
The housekeeping manager is the one who is responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department. He or she has to ensure that they are in accordance with federal, state, and local standards and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. He or se has to fulfill the jobs such as staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a housekeeping manager are as follows:
- The main duty is to schedule periodical maintenance of washing machine, ironing machine, iron box, sewing machine, and floor scrubbing machine.
- He or she has to plan and coordinate washing charges for various linens.
- He or she has to do the planning of the standard procedure for cleaning all types of linen to be displayed in laundry and to be followed strictly.
- He or she needs to organize a time schedule to be prepared for collection of clean or soiled linen.
- It will be the duty to ensure proper discipline among housekeepers, sweepers, dhobi, and tailors.
- He or she also needs to schedule training classes taken for junior housekeepers when required.
- He or she has to supervise the cleanliness of the surrounding area.
- He or she is responsible for the cleanliness of sweepers’ uniform.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the past working experience of managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The person needs to have the ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- He or she must have the working knowledge of room’s management systems.
- He or she needs to have required experience in supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees.
- He or she should have the capability of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
Education and qualifications
- The basic degree required is a high school diploma or GED.
- He or she should have minimum of 4 years experience in a large facility.
Popular Job Description Search:
- housekeeping manager job description
- housekeeping manager duties and responsibilities
- job description of housekeeping manager
- job description housekeeping manager
- housekeeping manager description
- housekeeping manager job description sample
- duties and responsibilities of housekeeping manager
- hotel housekeeping manager job description
- sample job description housekeeping supervisor
- job responsibility of housekeeping manager