Pediatric surgeon job description and profile
The pediatric surgeon is the one who deals with the operative care and diagnosis of health issues in small children, infant, foetus and adolescents. He or she needs to treat the patients under the age of the 15 years. He or she has to perform any kind of operative need of children which includes removal of tumors, corrective surgeries and other disorders in children. A pediatric surgeon is responsible for operating the most of the disorders in children, except in those cases where another specialist is required to correct more specific problems.
Pediatric surgeon duties and responsibilities
The pediatric surgeon has to fulfill the responsibilities to children below 15 years of age only so the basic duties and responsibilities of a pediatric surgeon are as follows:
- The basic duty is to diagnose he problem for ascertaining the need for surgery.
- He or she has to do the correction of external and internal deformities in children and the birth defects as well.
- He or she has to treat the physical or mental trauma and the problems such as separation of co-joined twins.
- He or she has to treat the neonatal child problems properly.
- He or she is responsible for treating congenital malfunctions by means of surgery.
- He or she has to remove the tumors, hernia and other abnormal growth in the body.
- It is needed to firstly diagnose the health defects in fetus and respective treatment and care for the premature babies.
Pediatric surgeon skills and specification
The special skills are very essential to be a pediatric surgeon as will have to deal with the babies and young adults with children of all ages.
- The person needs to have a genuine concern for children – both in the foetul stage and adolescence.
- He or she should have a through and deep understanding of child psychology.
- He or she should be able to precise diagnosis of the problem.
- He or she should be able to decide the problem can be solved without surgery.
- He or she must have a pleasing and sensitive personality and the extreme precision during surgeries.
Pediatric surgeon education and qualification
- A pediatric surgeon has to be certified by American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS) and further by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP).
- A pediatric surgeon also needs to have a certificate by ABP which is to be refreshed once in every decade.
- The salary of a pediatric surgeon generally comes in the range of $330,000 to $335,000 annually.
- The person needs to have a basic four year medical school degree.
- He or she should have a four year bachelor’s degree in pre-medicine as well.
- The other requirement is having a five year post graduate degree in general surgery.
- It is also necessary to complete a two year study in pediatric surgery after completing a five year post graduation.
Pediatric surgeon salary
Popular Job Description Search:
- pediatric surgeon job description
- duties of a pediatric surgeon
- duties anx responsibilities of a pediatric surgeon
- pediatric cardiovascular surgeon responsibilities
- pediatric surgeon daily duties
- pediatric surgeon responsibilities and skills
- pediatric surgeon tasks
- pediatric trauma surgeon job description
- skills and attributes of the pediatric surgeon
Filed in: Health care job description