Reflexologist Job Profile & Description
The reflexologists are the one who are highly skilled professionals. The Reflexology is basically called a zone treatment. They work for improving the general health of the patients by providing the massage to feet’s, arms and ears. The therapy is used for improving blood circulation and leaves a relaxed feeling by releasing the pressure from human body. It is also used as natural healer consisting of application of pressure on different parts of body.
Duties and Responsibilities
The person desiring to be a reflexologist has the following duties and responsibilities to fulfill and they are as follows
- The prime duty is to suggest the proper treatment for the back problems, hypertension, digestive problems, insomnia and many others.
- He or she has to diagnose the body map for pressure levels properly to detect the acute stressed points.
- It is the main duty to measure the lactic pressure at feet surface to calculate nerve pressure.
- He or she has to set up a life style questionnaire.
- It is the duty to enquire about the regarding issues such as diet, exercise and work related tensions.
- He or she needs to have the proper required knowledge of the reflex points of hand, feet and body to provide accurate pressure.
- It is also the responsibility to identify serious issues like migraine, hormonal imbalance and stress related disorders.
- It is needed to get the required information before starting the reflexology treatment.
- The person should have the proper knowledge of 7000 nerves and sensitive pressure points in human body.
- He or she needs to have the ability to maintain the proper records of treatment and medical history of patient including all diagnosed reports.
- The person needs to have the proper skills to treat reflex zone in body to keep stressed tissues and nerves tension free.
- The person should have the sound knowledge of providing proper guidance to improve diet and do certain exercises.
- He or she should have the ability to explain the root cause of stress to patients.
- The person needs to be aware of time interval to stop the treatment when the stress is cured.
- The other requirement is that the person must be a post graduate in the concerned stream along with one year of reflexology courses.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required for the job is bachelors in biology stream along with genetic laboratory courses and six months of course in reflexology.
Popular Job Description Search:
- reflexologist job description
- responsibilities of a reflexologist
- duties and responsibilities of a reflexologist
- example of job description for reflexologist
- job description of reflexologist
- reflexologist job role
Filed in: Health care job description