Wedding Coordinator Job Profile and Description
The wedding coordinator is the one who is responsible for facilitating, mediating and managing a wedding on behalf of a client. He or she can also refer as a wedding planner or a wedding consultant. The main responsibility of a wedding coordinator is to do the tasks such as planning, managing, coordinating and executing all aspects of a client’s wedding.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a wedding coordinator:
- The main duty is to assist the client in selecting suitable wedding décor and theme in selecting a suitable venue.
- He or she has to ensure that the client’s vision for the wedding is effectively executed.
- He or she has to create the wedding schedule.
- He or she has to get involved in the designing of the wedding invitations.
- He or she has to draw up the guest list and prepare the wedding budget.
- He or she has to plan the wedding menu so needs to maintain the coordination with service providers such as caterers and entertainers.
- He or she has the responsibility to make the wedding venue reservations and decorates the wedding venue.
- He or she has to purchase and makes flower requisitions.
- He or she is responsible for hiring the DJ and the band and selecting the caterer.
- He or she has to select and book keynote speakers.
- It will be the duty to hire the photographer.
- He or she is responsible for making transportation arrangements.
- The duty also includes hiring valets and parking attendants.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications of a wedding coordinator to perform the duties effectively are as follows:
- The person needs to have the excellent communicational skills both written and oral.
- He or she should have the Strong negotiation and networking skills.
- He or she has to be a good team member and should have Excellent public relation skills
- He or she should have the ability to put a keen attention to the detail work.
- He or she should have strong organizational skills and ability to work and meet deadlines.
- The person needs to have the ability to work well under pressure.
- He or she must have strong numerical skills to do the job.
Education and Qualifications
The basic degree required is a degree in event planning and management is adequate for this position.
He or she should have Business management and marketing skills.
Popular Job Description Search:
- wedding coordinator job description
- wedding coordinator duties
- hotel wedding coordinator job description
- job description of wedding coordinator
- wedding coordinator duties and responsibilities
- job description of a wedding coordinator
- wedding coordinator job description sample
- wedding coordinator responsibilities
- wedding coordinator description
- wedding coordinator resume sample
Filed in: Health care job description