Aircraft Mechanic Job Description
Aircraft Mechanic Job Profile and Description
An Aircraft Mechanic is a person who checks, overhauls, repairs and performs mechanical maintenance to an aircraft before it takes off. The term ‘Aircraft Mechanic’ is categorized into different roles – airframe mechanic, power plant mechanic and avionic technician. An aircraft mechanic gets a job depending on the qualifications & specializations in the industry; however every mechanic is required to have some knowledge in all areas of aircraft maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities –
The range of the duties & responsibilities of an Aircraft Mechanic is very wide. The role of an aircraft mechanic is very important as anything wrong that goes unnoticed can result in a place crash and cost hundreds of lives.
- Correcting, aligning and regulating the engine systems.
- Fixing the faults in the system.
- Inspecting the engines of the aircraft
- Determining the tools and equipments necessary to perform a certain job.
- Finding areas of problem and solving them.
- Setting up the electrical and plumbing equipments.
- Performing all the servicing and maintenance tasks.
- Carrying out the regular checks.
- Managing operations.
- Observing the gauge and control panel to make sure everything is working fine
- Identifying problems that may occur.
- Performing the orders of the engineers.
- Adjusting the aircraft structure.
- Reading and understanding manuals.
Skills and Specifications –
- Should have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should be alert.
- Should be able to handle work pressure.
- Should have good hearing and eyesight.
- Should possess technical and practical skills.
- Should pay attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications –
- Should possess a high school diploma
- Should possess a government recognized certificate stating the type of license.
- Should possess a degree in aircraft maintenance
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Hospitality Job Description