Food and Beverage Manager Job Profile and Description
A food and beverage manager is someone who is responsible for managing the entire activities of food department. He or she has to work closely with the managers and executive chef. It will be the responsibility to develop and implement a sales program to fulfill the objective of increased sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a food and beverage manager:
- The main duty is to continually work to ensure correct handling procedures to minimize china and glassware breakage and food waste.
- He or she has the main responsibility to maintain sales, expenses and profit goals as outlined in the food & beverage department.
- He or she has to operate plans or budgets while promoting the company goals of customer service and satisfaction, team work.
- It is the responsibility to report the requirements and financial performance to the senior authorities.
- He or she ahs to assist in planning and implementing of procedures for special club events and banquet functions.
- He or she has to fulfill the objectives of increased sales in the areas of group sales, corporate clients, banquets and meetings.
- It will be the duty to implement a sales plan of action.
- He or she has to do the planning of in-house sales calls, booking appointments, outside sales efforts, guided site inspections and researching sales leads as necessary.
- It will be the responsibility to provide the reports of daily, weekly, monthly reports.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to be a food and beverage manager are as follows:
- The person must have the ability to ensure that each guest receives consistent services and products.
- He or she should be able to ensure that employees within department receive fair and safe working conditions.
- He or she should have the ability to work on a shift basis.
- The person must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to maintain environment.
Education and qualifications
The person must have at least 2 years further education related to the hotel and food and beverage industry or of a business nature to do the job.
Popular Job Description Search:
- food and beverage manager job description
- food and beverage supervisor job description
- f&b manager job description
- food and beverage job description
- food & beverage manager job description
- job description food and beverage manager
- hotel food and beverage manager job description
- job description for food and beverage manager
- assistant food and beverage manager job description
- beverage manager job description
Filed in: Hotel job decription