HR Consultant Job Profile and Description
HR Consultant’s job is to provide a comprehensive HR management advisory and consultancy service to staff and management. HR consultant manages operational human resources related issues, including development and communication of policies, training administration, human resources reporting and coordinating in recruitment process, remuneration and performance management processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing an advisory and consultancy service to staff and management on a range of human resources issues, procedures and policies consistent with employee standards, legislation and guidelines.
- Liaising with human resources department staff in ensuring the effective high quality delivery of the service.
- Undertaking internal reviews, coordinating external reviews and advising on related processes as needed.
- Providing an efficient and reactive consultancy service to staff and senior management.
- Conducting investigations and research into reclassification, classification and criteria advancement submissions and preparing appraisal reports of employees.
- Undertaking quality assurance checks and liaising with external consultants and management to ensure effective meeting of guidelines and standards.
- Identifying, reviewing, and advising on tasks related to recruitment process and employment strategies to meet human resources requirements.
- Coordinating and participating as a selection panel member in recruitment process, including selection, appointment process, preparing reports.
- Undertaking quality checks of selection and recruitment processes and reports; liaising with external consultant and management to ensure effective meeting of guidelines and standards.
- Analyzing people relating metrics, trends and making recommendations to HR manager for any action.
- Managing all activities in association with information related to employee perception surveys.
- Working with HR team member to ensure effective meeting of organization objectives through collaboration, openness and personal development.
- Developing, interpreting and evaluating human resources operation guidelines and policies.
- Liaising with other agencies regarding the issues related to procedures and policies of human resources.
- Investigating, researching and preparing brief notes or reports on new policies, procedures, and practices of human resources to ensure accurate service delivery.
- Undertaking special projects related to issues of human resources.
- Keeping up current issues and new developments of human resources through job rotation programs
Skills and Specifications
- Well versed with English language.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects and work with teams also.
- Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Able to interpret employment legislation, policies and agreements.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Good professional appearance and communication skills.
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related fields from an accredited institution. A diploma in Human Resources or related field may also do.
Popular Job Description Search:
- management consultant job description sample
- example of youth conultant job description
- examples of hr consultant
- how to write a h r consultant job description
- HR consultant job description template
- Job profile of HR Consultant
- sample tasks of employment consultant
Filed in: HR Job Descriptions