Web Developer Job Profile & Description
A Web Developer creates and designs clients’ websites according to specification. Web development is any activity related to building a web site. It typically refers only to the non-design aspects of constructing web sites like markup writing and coding.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To design and develop websites ensuring strong optimization and functionality
- To help in the planning of overall company policy regarding search engine optimization and web development
- To monitor site technical performance and web server
- Work on projects including web layout enhancements, desktop applications, website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
- Interact with servers using SSH, FTP and Telnet protocols.
- Work in a variety of development frameworks including Ruby on Rails, .NET, PEAR and Smarty.
- Work with various database systems including PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server and frameworks including ADO and ODBC.
- Analyze, review and modify web systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring
Skills and specifications
Good understanding of major operating systems in market
Desire to stay updated on current and new technologies
Ability to multitask and strong time management and organizational skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent communication skills and attention to detailing
Education and Qualifications
Minimum of 2 year degree/ diploma in a computer-related field (computer science/programming).
Knowledge of common programming languages including XML and PHP is essential.
Good database knowledge especially SQL Server or MySQL
Popular Job Description Search:
- web developer job description sample
- web developer job description example
- sample web developer job description
- sample job description web developer
- job description template for web developer
- sample web programmer job description
- senior Web developer Job Description Sample
- web developer job description template