Client-Server Systems Manager Job Profile and Description
In a organization with an extensive implementation of departmental client-server computing platforms, the Client Server Systems Manager provides the managerial leadership to a team of systems administrators assigned to each departmental or client-server platform, whether standalone or in a network. The position is a single-point of contact for the various department system users . Most IT implementations are in this platform either in a centralized or distributed configuration.
Client-Server Systems Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the IT hardware and network group to ensure that the client server platform used in departmental systems remain in their highest continuous availability as far as practicable.
- Supervise a team of systems administrators in the client-server configuration to ensure they perform their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the IT polices and performance standards of the organization,
- Conduct interviews of job applicants in the final screening stage and approve all employee movements to the department.
- Keep abreast with developments in client server technologies by attending seminars and conferences on the subject locally and overseas.
Client-Server Systems Manager Skills and Specifications
- Should possess extensive technical experience in maintaining the operating systems that run in the client server platform and the administration tools peculiar to the systems to be managed.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should possess excellent organizational, supervisory and managerial skills
Client-Server Systems Manager Education and Qualifications
- A masters degree in IT management or MBM is basic
- At least 10-12 years of experience in the IT department with the last 3-5 years in the client server computing environment is preferred.
- Having undergone the relevant certificated seminars and workshops in data Center management form IBM, Oracle or Microsoft is an advantage.
Client-Server Systems Manager Salary
The annual average salary of a Client-Server Systems Manager varies across industries and states as well as the complexity and reach of the computing platform. UNIX based systems managers generally earn more than Windows-based. Typically, a client server systems manager earns about $95,000 on the average per annum.
Popular Job Description Search:
- server manager job description
- server management job description
- client server environment mananger skills
- server manager skills
- server management job descriptions
- job description server services manager
- internet server management job description
- ibm client systems manager jd
- director of client server job description
- client server systems manager responsibilities