Court Stenographer Job Profile and Description
A ‘Court Stenographer’ works in a courtroom. They are also known as ‘Court Reporter’. The attorneys and judges rely on court stenographers for official information. They have the responsibility to record different events in a court for local, state and federal government through stenography machines and other devices.
Court Stenographer Duties and Responsibilities -
- Recording all events taking place during court proceedings – verbatim transcripts speeches, meetings, and discussions etc.
- Assisting the judges and attorneys for various information
- Maintaining the record database of the court.
- Providing translating services for hearing-impaired people.
- Editing the computer generated translations for making sure that it is free of errors like grammar & spelling etc.
- Developing the procedures needed for the trouble-free storage and smooth retrieving of the stenographic notes, steno grams, voice files both in the digital and paper format.
Court Stenographer Skills and Specifications
- Good knowledge of operating stenography machine
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- Must be a hardworking person.
- Must be well-organized
Court Stenographer Education and Qualifications -
- Diploma in a Stenography course
- Certification in the licensure exams of the state stenography is a plus
Court Stenographer Salary -
The average salary for the position of a Court Stenographer is around $25,000 per annum.
Popular Job Description Search:
- court stenographer salary in the philippines
- court stenographer job description philippines
- job description of stenographer
- job specification of stenographer II in the philippines
- responsibilities of a stenography
- stenographer duties
- stenographer duties in court
- stenographer job openings in the philippines
Filed in: Legal Job Description