Para Legal Secretary Job Profile and Description
A Paralegal Secretary works in different types of settings – law firms, corporate legal branches, non-profit organizations and also government organizations. They have to make contact with attorneys, office staff, and clients etc. They use their legal knowledge and their secretarial skills for managing different types of legal matters. A Paralegal secretary also performs daily clerical activities. They work under the guidance and supervision of a professionally qualified lawyer.
Para Legal Secretary Duties and Responsibilities -
- Offering legal advice and establishing fees for legal cases.
- Assisting in developing employee contracts and negotiating the worker benefits.
- Drafting and filing documents of different types
- Monitoring the regulations in an organization, and advising about amendments in the regulations.
- Performing management duties and leading the team of paralegals on different projects.
Para Legal Secretary Skills and Specifications -
- Good knowledge of computer basics
- Strong knowledge of legal terminologies and legal dealings
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Great communication skills
- Efficient enough to handle different kinds of duties
- Be able to carry out transcription and speed writing
Para Legal Secretary Education and Qualifications -
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in law, law enforcement and, some secretarial work.
- Holding a diploma in ‘Legal Secretariat ship; is a plus.
Para Legal Secretary Salary -
The average salary for the position of a ‘Paralegal Secretary’ is $40,000 per year.