Pesticide Specialist Job Description and Profile
The job profile of a ‘Pesticide Specialist’ involves stocking up, organizing, mixing and applying pesticides and other chemicals complying with the local, state, federal laws & regulations. They work for eradicating the growth and propagation of unwanted plants to control the problems of insects and rodents in creeks, culverts, rivers, flood control channels, and public roads. They perform various tasks under this position.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Placing orders, arranging and applying different kinds of pesticides in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Recognizing and treating harmful weeds.
- Controlling populace of insect and rodent pest.
- Using handbooks and computerized tanker trailers and spray rigs in the fields
- Cleaning, maintaining and doing repair work on spray tools and vehicles etc.
- Scheduling suitable applications of pesticides on park areas, open spaces, and flood control locations etc.
- Checking efficacy of pest and rodent treatments.
- Performing analytical maintenance of spray rigs.
- Regulating particular equipments to ensure absorption accuracy.
- Purchasing supplies and materials when required
- Ensuring sufficient pesticide supplies.
Skills and Specifications -
- Must be able to identify weeds, rodents and insects for applying suitable pesticides of right type and in right amount
- Must be able to operate spray equipments.
- Must be able to read and understand regulations on pesticide usage.
- Should be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must keep records for preparing forms & worksheets on safety and applications on pesticides.
- Should be able to maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with the staff and the general public.
Education and Qualifications -
- One year work experience in insect, horticultural pest, weed or rodent control.
- Hold valid Applicator’s Certificate for pesticides application
- Hold valid State Driver’s License (Class B).
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Legal Job Description