Prosecuting Attorney Job Profile and Description
‘Prosecuting Attorney’ works under the government. They are responsible for assessing cases, conducting interviews of clients, and warrant preparation. A Prosecuting attorney works for state and federal government. They are lawyers who work to convince a jury or judge.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Present district attorney or state attorney as per the seniority levels.
- Representation of government bodies and offices associated with public meetings and commission hearings.
- Attending the assigned hearings and handling administrative actions in court
- Handling legal counsel issues linked with assigned government agency.
- Preparing case filing, presenting file charges and taking the trials
- Collecting important evidences and preparing notes about for presenting in the court for hearings.
- Appearing in the court to present the case and dispute the case.
Skills and Specifications -
- Must have legal documentation knowledge, court proceedings and legal charges for different types of cases.
- Should be able to study cases thoroughly and arranging legal materials as per the case requirement.
- Should have the knowledge of an assigned state legal counsel and agency
- Should be able to collect the evidences, and logical facts for strengthening a case.
- Must be able to argue efficiently in court in order to win a case.
Education and Qualification -
It requires to have a Bachelor’s degree in law and, work experience of 4 to 7 years under an experienced prosecutor.