Staff attorney job description and profile
‘Staff Attorneys’ are the lawyers employed full-time by businesses. A Staff attorney generally provides legal services to just one organization; however some attorneys provide their services to more than one company at a time.
They solve all legal problems of an organization. They have to handle all legal matters related to the operations of an organization.
Staff attorney duties and responsibilities -
- Reviewing legal documents and agreements of an organization and, making sure that the terms & conditions are in interest of their employer while being reasonable for the other party.
- Advising the company management on legal aspects like real estate dealings, merger bids, acquisitions, and building partnerships.
- Drafting legal letters and documents
- Ensuring protection of rights of an organization under all situations
- Ensuring no action of their organization becomes liable to legal litigations
- Liaising between their company and its clients and, the partners
- Representing the organization in meetings with banks etc.
- Preparing reports for presentation in internal meetings and stockholder meetings
- Ensuring lawful working practices in the organization
- Helping their organization’s policy makers prepare correct plans and strategies by giving their advice for legal implications of the plans
- Ensuring regular updating of all contracts, agreements and tax details
Staff attorney skills and responsibilities -
- Must have excellent knowledge about law and corporate law
- Must have excellent observation, analytical and decision making abilities
- Must be able to think in advance and make good decisions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Must be highly accurate and thorough in functioning
- Must be able to influence the company and protect it from all legal problems
Staff attorney education and qualification -
- Bachelor’s degree in law and experience in handling corporate legal work for a minimum period of five years
Staff attorney salary -
The salary for this job profile ranges from $120,000 and $165,000 per annum.