Hotel Chambermaids Job Profile and Description
Hotel Chambermaids or housekeeping cleaners are tasked with a combination of light cleaning duties to keep each hotel room tidy, lean, bed sheets rearranged, bathrooms cleaned and restocked. They are also tasked to account for any room supplies that have been damaged or consumed for proper billing. They are trained in the proper use of prescribed cleaning procedures, solutions and equipment and should follow hotel standards.
Hotel Chambermaids Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete cleaning tasks on assigned rooms, hotel areas and floors within the prescribed timeframes.
- Carry towels, linens, toiletry and cleaning supplies, using the assigned hotel wheeled carts.
- Perform the cleaning in accordance with hotel standards, safety and cleanliness standards.
- Clean waste bins, empty and clean/replace ashtrays, and dispose of all trash and waste items from rooms.
- Replenish kitchen and refrigerator supplies.
- Replenish drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Ensure that service carts are well-stocked for the assigned floors and hotel areas.
- Sweep, mop and polish floors, using approved hotel cleaning tools.
- Clean rugs and carpets, upholsteries, curtains and draperies, using specified vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Dust window blinds and rearrange draperies to their original placements.
Hotel Chambermaids Skills and Specifications
- Should be dependable, responsible, honest and hart working
- Should be able to follow directions
- Should have good interpersonal skills to get along with other people
- Should have manual dexterity in the use of cleaning tools and appliances
- Should have a cheerful disposition and willing to work under dirty conditions
Hotel Chambermaids Education and Qualifications
No formal education is required and most skills are learned on-the-job or through informal training conducted by hotel
Hotel Chambermaids Salary
The average hourly wage of hotel chambermaids stood at around $12. The middle 50% received between $10 and $15. The lowest 10% earned less than $9and the highest 10% earned more than $20.
Popular Job Description Search:
- chambermaid duties and responsibilities
- chambermaid job description
- chambermaid duties
- duties and responsibilities of chambermaid in hotel
- duties and responsibilities of a chambermaid
- hotel chambermaid duties and responsibilities
- duties and responsibilities of chambermaid
- chambermaid job description hotel
- hotel chambermaid job description
- chambermaids job description
Filed in: Maintenance Job Description