Case Management Job Profile and Description
A Case Manager is someone who deals with those customers of the organization who have received extended services and helps them in getting the best possible options. It is also his responsibility to make sure that the provisions of these services meet the organization’s standards and policies. Case Managers are in high demand in insurance companies, social work organizations, the healthcare industry, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A Case Manager has to facilitate information – sharing and case coordination with the case workers working under him.
- He has to work alongside affiliated agencies, such as insurance agencies or counselors.
- He has to act as an advocate between agencies and service recipients.
- He has to maintain the case records of his customers.
- He has to supervise the activities of the case workers.
Skills and Specifications
- Very good communication skills are a must for those who want to be successful as a Case Manager.
- Good writing skills and the ability to maintain correspondence with a wide variety of agencies and customers is also a requisite for the profession.
- A Case Manager must be proficient in interpreting medical and legal documents.
- He must have a highly developed ability to problem solving.
- He must posses the oratory skills required to speak in front of a group of people.
- He must have a high degree of self confidence to address and deal with government agents, if the need arises.
Education and Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree in a specialized field of work such as insurance or healthcare is the minimum requirement for becoming a Case Manager. Some organizations require just an Associate’s degree for the position while some may require candidates to have prior experience in fields such as human resource, criminal justice, insurance or health care.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Management Job Description