Distribution Manager Job Profile and Description
Distribution Manager is an individual who plans, coordinates, and organizes the distribution and storage of materials and products. Distribution Manager monitors the arrangement and shipping of products and goods from distribution centers. The distribution manager’s role within logistic involves stock control, transportation, warehousing, and ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials. Supervising the complicate operations of the logistics division is the unique part of the work of a distribution manager. As a top board team member of the organization, a distribution manager operates with marketing executives. All business organizations, like manufacturing firms, retail chains, and wholesale distributors employ distribution managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising the cost, quality, quantity, and good efficiency of the storage and movement of goods.
- Controlling and coordinating the order phase and colligated information systems.
- Establishing and implementing business strategies, plans, and objectives.
- Analyzing information to monitor plan performance improvements and product and goods demand.
- Managing and allocating staff resources accordant with changing needs. Managing and allocating employee and financial resources.
- Arbitrating and negotiating with supplies and customers.
- Implementing and supporting programs and policies of organization.
- Analyzing logistical problems, developing new solutions and increasing business growth by winning new contracts.
- Negotiating with warehouse operators, insurance organization representatives, and carrier for preferential rates and services.
- Implementing safety and health procedures among transport staff.
- Evaluating the inventory costs and freight costs associated with transportation to ensure appropriate costs.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate intimately with others.
- Ability to delegate duties.
- Must motivate transport staff members.
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- Must have sturdy problem-solving skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Ability to lead, and influence employees.
Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or Business Management.
- Masters degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
Popular Job Description Search:
- Distribution Manager Job Description Example
- distributor manager job discription
- Job Description for International Sales and Distribution manager
Filed in: Management Job Description