Production Manager Job Profile and Description
Production manager is an individual who plans, coordinates, organizes, and controls production in a company. A production manager’s main responsibilities are to ensure the efficient production of goods and services and are of right quantity, quality, and cost. In addition to this, it is the manager’s responsibility to produce goods on time and at right price to meet the demands of the client. The duties and responsibilities of the job vary depending on the kind of production system, like jobbing production, process production, batch production, or mass production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and scheduling production activities and supervising the production process.
- Ensuring the effective management of production lines of a company.
- Making sure the excellent quality production of products on time.
- Ensuring maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production.
- Estimating production costs and determining the high quality standards.
- Monitoring the production practices and setting the schedules as required.
- Working out the material and human resources as needed.
- Taking decision regarding the operating unit’s layout, size and range of service or product to deliver and design and arrangement of work processes.
- Selecting and maintaining equipments, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Working with managers effectively to execute the policies and goals of the company.
- Keeping abreast of health and safety guidelines.
- Liaising with different divisions such as suppliers, managers and so on to prevent any probable delay.
- Supervising and inspiring team of workers and reviewing the work performance of subordinates.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to behave decisively.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Patient and self-confidence.
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Excellent judgment.
Education and Qualification
- Degree in mechanical engineering, materials technology, food science, business management, chemistry, logistics, industrial engineering, or process engineering from an accredited institution.
Popular Job Description Search:
- production manager job description sample
- manufacturing manager job description sample
- production manager job description
- job description of production manager
- production officer job description sample
- sample of job description of production manager
- Sample PRODUCTION Managing Director Job Description
Filed in: Management Job Description