Purchasing Agent Job Profile and Description
The job profile of a ‘Purchasing Agent’ involves purchasing activities and procurement on the jobs assigned to them. They review requisitions, discuss with vendors to obtain product or service information – price, availability, and delivery schedule. They select products for purchase after testing, and observing items. They estimate values as per the market price and decide the procurement method, direct purchase or bid. It involves preparing purchase orders or bid requests, reviewing bids and placing orders.
Purchasing Agent Duties and Responsibilities -
- Providing support to the engineers and estimators to prepare estimation.
- Implementing new strategies for improvement of services
- Ensuring that the administration procedures are followed and executed professionally.
- Supporting and guiding engineers, project managers, and construction managers on the administration, development and execution of the procedure related to contracts.
- Managing budgets and transportation
- Communicating with the clients, and vendors
- Keeping record of the purchases and sales.
- Bargaining with the sellers and manufacturers.
Purchasing Agent Skills and Specifications -
- Must have sufficient experience with multi disciplinary projects.
- Must have good mathematics skills and analytical abilities
- Handling the required supplies
- Should have excellent communication skills
Purchasing Agent Educational Qualifications:
- A graduate or equivalent degree with business administration as the major.
- Must have some experience in dealing with the business purchasing
Purchasing Agent Salary -:
The salary for a purchasing agent depends on the experience and the size of a business. The average salary ranges from $39000 to $66000.
Popular Job Description Search:
- HOTEL PURCHASING AGENT JOB DESCRIPTION
- construction purchasing agent job description
- purchasing agent job description sample
- sample purchasing agent job description
- purchasing agent job description
- purchasing job description sample
- purchasing agent job description 2012
- purchasing agent job description and job specification in hotel
- purchasing agent job description manufacturing
- sample procurement analyst qualifications