Semiconductor Processor Job Profile and Description
A ‘Semiconductor Processor’ performs various functions in the manufacturing of electronic semiconductors – put semiconductor material into furnace, put individual segment into crystal growing section and check controls, and saw formed ingots into segments etc-etc. The job profile is mostly popular in the electronics industry – a semiconductor works with manufacturing integrated circuits and the production lines.
Semiconductor Processor Duties and Responsibilities –
- Operate console controls and input commands into automated systems to manage the semiconductor processing cycles.
- Ensuring proper production levels according to the target volumes required per day
- Perform quality control inspections and work in coordination with quality assurance engineers to identify wafer surface defects and set rectification plans.
- Assessing circuitry parameters with electronic test equipment, accuracy measuring tools etc. to ensure conformity with standard specifications.
- Working in continuous processing of microchip wafers.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipments and determining when & what particular maintenance is required.
- Study work orders, instructions from engineers, processing charts and methods, to determine series of operations and process to meet the specifications
- Working in coordination with other departments for productivity and quality control programs.
- Guiding new recruits to perform various tasks related to production.
Semiconductor Processor Skills and Specifications –
- Must have understanding of electronics and chemicals, mass production regulations and quality management
- Must be good at solving technical problems with analytical skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work in a team
- Must have a sharp eye for detail
Semiconductor Processor Education and Qualifications –
- An Associate or technical school certificate in electronics, mathematics and other sciences
- 2-3 years of work experience in a electronic product manufacturing or related semiconductor production is a definite plus
Semiconductor Processor Salary –
The average salary for Semiconductor Processors is around $32,230 per annum.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Manufacturing Job Description