Social Media Job Profile and Description
Social media is a phenomenon that has taken the web world by the storm – they use web-based technologies for social interaction and transform people from content clients to content producers. Websites like Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Orkut etc are examples of social media. It is a blend of technology and social interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Job responsibilities in this field would depend on the designation but the most important part of this job is that the candidate should have extensive social media experience
- He ought to actively participate in social media activities like blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc
- He ought to be well-connected with the broader social media world and be a member of social networking websites
- These sites are increasingly used by organizations for marketing and advertising purposes and so content should be arranged in such a way that necessary web links are provided to the clients
- A social media strategy should be formed to increase visibility, membership and traffic across brands
- One should experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Social media tools, trends and applications should be regularly monitored and the finding should be appropriately applied in increasing the use of social media
- One needs to educate the management team on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the organization’s products and services
- One should measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
Skills and Specifications
- Creative thinking and ability to strategize is important in this field.
- One needs to have knowledge in social media tools and techniques
- He ought to have good marketing and communication skills
Education and Qualifications
In order to get a job in social media, one needs to do a course on graphic designing, web designing, marketing, new media etc. Most mass communication courses these days provide knowledge on social media too.