Medical Director Job Profile and Description
Every medical centre, be it a nursing home or a hospital requires a clinical leader who takes care of different aspects. This clinical leader is known as the Medical Director and he has to look after everything- from planning and implementing of policies to recruiting of staff. He also makes sure that the medical facility is in compliance to the different laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and supervising of staff in order to ensure that the quality of the medical faculty is good enough.
- Monitoring the training and development of the entire medical team, this is highly imperative for this would keep the standard of the health care centre up to the mark.
- Ensuring that the different policies and regulations are being properly implemented and followed for their successful execution helps in the smooth operation of the centre.
- Managing the budget of the department for until and unless the financial aspect of the centre is taken care of, it would fail to run successfully.
- Administering of disciplinary actions in order to maintain the optimum level of decorum in the centre.
Skills and Specifications
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Great managerial skills.
- Responsible individual.
- Adequate leadership qualities.
- Outstanding writing and research skills.
- Excellent organizational ability.
Education and Qualifications
- A degree in medicine is highly essential which means the person needs to be a doctor.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a doctor in a hospital, nursing home or any such medical centre.