Medical Lab Technician Job Profile and Description
A medical facility cannot without a proper medical laboratory and Medical Lab Technician is the person who runs the operation of the medical lab. He carries out complex medical laboratory tests, which are required to carry out proper diagnoses and treatments. Hence, he has to possess adequate knowledge of the machines, tools and equipments, which are required for running a lab and different experiments successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting chemical analysis of body fluids in order to determine the presence of different components in the fluid and analyzing different experiments to determine their efficacy.
- Inputting the medical and clinical test results in to the computer system in order to get a proper database for future references.
- Operating and maintaining the lab equipments, which are used in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Setting up, cleaning and maintaining the lab equipments regularly in order to make the laboratories function efficiently.
- Supervising, training and directing the lab assistants, the medical and clinical technicians and every other staff involved in lab work.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Adequate knowledge of medical techniques and technology.
- Responsible person.
- Eye for details.
- Ability to deal with different types of laboratory and technical equipments.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or any other related field of specialty is necessary. He should also have knowledge about the laboratory equipments and technologies.
- Six to eight years experience in related field is an added advantage
Filed in: Medical Job Description