Medical Laboratory Technician Job Profile and Description
A medical company cannot function without a proper medical laboratory and Medical Lab Technician is an individual who runs the operation of the medical lab. He carries out complex medical laboratory tests, which are required to carry out proper diagnoses and treatments. Hence, he has to possess adequate knowledge of the machines, tools and equipments, which are required for running a lab and different experiments successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing samples of biological and chemical material and conducting chemical analysis of body fluids for different tests and applications.
- Furnishing the computer with different medical and clinical database for future references, this helps to keep the records in an organized fashion.
- Establishing and monitoring quality assurance programs in order to ensure the accuracy of the laboratory results.
- Setting up, cleaning and maintaining the lab equipments regularly in order to make the laboratories function efficiently and for carrying out qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Supervising, training and directing the lab assistants, the medical and clinical technicians and every other staff involved in lab work; thereby maintaining a coordinated atmosphere in the lab.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Adequate knowledge of medical techniques and technology.
- Responsible individual.
- Eye for details.
- Ability to deal with different types of laboratory and technical equipments.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or any other related field of specialty is required.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage.
Filed in: Medical Job Description