Medical Office Assistant Job Profile and Description
Medical Office Assistants conduct the job of managing and supervising the different departments of a health care company. From the administrative tasks to that of the clinical aspect of a healthcare unit is maintained by the Medical office assistant. They help the unit to function in a better fashion and to offer better healthcare services to the patients. The role of these Medical office assistants have become so vital that their demand is steadily on the rise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling everything pertaining to the appointments of the patients with the doctors and answering phone calls of both the internal departments and external calls.
- Handling the data entry jobs, which are highly important for maintaining a record of the past medical history of the patients along with their details.
- Maintaining all sorts of records, starting from the financial ones to the medical ones for future correspondence.
- Processing all forms of medical insurance claims, bills and all are related matters, which are of great importance.
- Working as a clinical medical assistant, which requires them to do everything from collecting of urine, blood samples to maintaining of health records of patients.
Skills and Specifications
- Good managerial skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aware of medical terminology and facts
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject would do but a course in medical assistantship is highly necessary.
- Six to eight years of experience in related field is an added advantage.