Medical Surgical Nurse Job Profile and Description
A medical facility cannot work without Medical Surgical Nurses who act as assistants to surgeons. These nurses care for the adult patients and work in different types of medical setting- hospitals, clinics, nursing homes etc. They possess adequate knowledge of the machines, tools and equipments, which are related to the medical surgical procedures. Since their functions are a little divorced from the duties of the general nurses, they mostly work in the emergency centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the patients, taking care of their well being and health; in short maintaining the medical facility in the best possible manner.
- Assessing patients, administering care, providing treatments and medications to the patients to ensure that the patients are being perfectly treated.
- Possessing a good amount of medical knowledge which is utilized for the well fare of the patients and the smooth functioning of the medical facility.
- Possessing adequate knowledge of surgical procedures and implementing them as and when required thereby acting as assistants to surgeons during operations and surgical procedures.
- Supporting the patients to enable them to identify their bets interests.
Skills and Specifications
- Wide range of medical knowledge.
- Good clinical reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Appreciation of patient diversity.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a bachelor’s degree in surgical nursing is highly essential.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage
Popular Job Description Search:
- medical surgical nurse job description
- Medical surgical RN job description
- medical surgical job description
- medical nurse job description
Filed in: Medical Job Description