Registered Psychiatric Nurse Job Profile and Description
Registered Psychiatric Nurses have the responsibility of caring those people who are suffering from acute mental disorders like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, major depressive disorder etc. Psychiatric nurses need to be registered nurses for dealing with such problems like that of metal disabilities. Psychiatric nurses work in a number of mental health conditions like that of hospitals, government agencies, long-term care centers etc.
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Duties and Responsibilities
- Working as a health care professional, offering care and support to patients suffering from mental disabilities.
- Offering care-giving services with the special type of skills needed to handle patients with psychiatric needs.
- Evaluating the requirements of the patients, administering treatments and helping the patients to function normally like others.
- Developing care plans necessary in accordance to the requirements of the patients and working in close association with the doctors for the development of a treatment plan.
- Offering prompt and helpful nursing care to some patients suffering from serious mental disabilities.
- Assessing the requirements of the patients for the development of treatments, solutions that are required to deal with the fluctuating mental conditions of the patients.
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Skills and Specifications
- Ability to deal with people suffering from different types of mental disabilities
- Ability to work in all types of environments
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work for long hours and for long schedules
- Active listening and critical thinking abilities
- Calm and composed
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
- Masters degree in the specialized field of geriatric mental health, pediatric mental health or forensic nursing from a certified institution.
Registered Psychiatric Nurse Salary
The average salary of a registered psychiatric nurse is about $65,000 per annum. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the company they work for and the experience of the professional.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Medical Job Description