Skin Care Specialist/Esthetician Job Profile and Description
Skin Care Specialists are trained to specialize in the care, prevention and treatment of skin diseases and disorders for both medical and cosmetic purposes. Licensed cosmetologists are qualified to become Skin Care Specialists. They work in beauty and health care clinics to treat facial skin disorders like acne, unwanted facial hairs and aging related dark spots and wrinkling problems as well as help mitigate hair loss problems.
Skin Care Specialist/Esthetician Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain client records for reference to future clinic visits in term of preferred treatment shrives.
- Perform demonstrations on proper skin hygiene and skin care regimens
- Examine and evaluate clients’ skin using visors or magnifying lamps to analyze skin conditions and skin care needs.
- Discuss with client the various treatment options and their cost implications
- Select and apply cosmetic products such as creams, lotions, and tonics.
- Perform facials to deep-cleanse skin pores and improve overall skin tone.
- Conduct chemical skin peeling or dermabrasion procedures when required
- Apply hair growth stimulating solutions and recommend hair re-growth solutions
- Refer clients with skin disorders to dermatologists for treatment of serious skin problems.
- Apply recommended skin care products to remove blackheads and mitigate severe acne attacks.
Skin Care Specialist/Esthetician Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills]
- Should have high service oriented and caring disposition and attitude
- Should exhibit high personal hygienic and grooming standards
Skin Care Specialist/Esthetician Education and Qualifications
- A certificate or diploma on a 600-hours skin care course from a post secondary school accredited by the Bureau of Barbering and Cosmetology with a practicum from professional groups is necessary.
- Should pass the licensing tests administered by said bureau.
- 2-3 years experience is an added advantage
Skin Care Specialist/Esthetician Salary
The hourly pay of a Skin Care Specialist can range from $15 to $25. The wide disparity is due to the various health and skin care clinics which also depend on state and location.
Popular Job Description Search:
- sample job description esthetician
- job description template esthetician
- duties and responsibilities of aesthetician
- responsibilities of a skin care analysis
- job description facialist
- facialist job description
- esthetician work description sample
- esthetician job description example
- duties of medical assistant in skin care center
- duties of a skin care specialist
Filed in: Medical Job Description