Public Health Nurse Job Description and Profile
Under general direction, the position of Public Health Nurse entail promoting community health through prevention, control, and detection of disease. He likewise provides education and assessment as well as counseling in the prevention and care of injury and wellness promotion. He likewise performs related tasks and duties required of him to do.
Duties and Specifications
- Educates customers and families in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of diseases to enhance the ability of an individual to recognize the need to obtain treatment and maintain general health care.
- Demonstrates acceptable nursing techniques and methods for home care of the injured or the sick.
- Assesses the physical as well as health status and requirements of families and customers.
- Observes customer and his interaction with family at home.
- Develops and creates specific care and health plan to particular customer.
- Detects case of emotional and physical illnesses.
- Participates in communicable disease studies and control by conducting effective investigations in the community.
- Coordinates and promotes care of customer with other health care professionals in order to improve his health.
- Refers customers to appropriate agencies to obtain the proper medical or health service.
- Refers customers to specific doctors when medical and health intervention is necessary.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to exercise independent types of judgment.
- Should be able to plan and carry out activities concerning public health nursing.
- Be able to apply nursing rules and regulations in public health nursing.
- Effectively work with customers and families and assist them in enjoying appropriate answers and solution of health issues.
- Should be able to perform comprehensive assessments of health status to determine the needs for medical and nursing care.
- Be able to identify possible problems and develop appropriate plans for appropriate follow-up steps.
- Be able to effectively communicate, both in verbal and written forms.
- Should maintain precise records of actions taken.
- Be able to prepare concise and clear reports.
- Should work with all types of people.
- Be able to do home visits in designated geographic locations.
- Able to deal effectively with customers of various types of backgrounds.
Education and Specifications
- Possesses valid license for Registered Nurse issued by State Board of Registered Nurse.
- Certification as Public Health Nurse is basic.
- Should possess a valid State Driver’s License (Class C).
Popular Job Description Search:
- public health nurse job description
- public health nurse job description in the philippines
- public health nursing job description
- job description of a public health nurse
- job description of public health nurse in the philippines
- resume for publi health nurses with job description
Filed in: Nursing Job Description