School Office Clerk Job Description and Profile
The school office clerk performs several functions and requires multi-tasking. The profile of a school office clerk depends on the age of the students and the size of the institution. Some schools may have one office clerk while a bigger school may hire more than one office clerk. The clerks undertake the administrative work of the school and act as the receptionist for the visitors arriving in the school. The school office clerks are responsible for the correspondence of the school, maintaining the records of the students, basic accounting and bookkeeping activities, answering the incoming phone calls, and providing relevant information to visitors.
School Office Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
• Typing and keeping institution communication
• Printing institution programs and inter-school memos
• Compiling and keeping the various records
• Assisting in the extra-curricular actions performed by the school
• Receiving calls and offering appropriate information
• Greeting visitors, and handling their queries
• Basic bookkeeping and bookkeeping activities
School Office Clerk Education, Training, and Qualifications
The school office clerk must possess a high school diploma and, should be good at performing general office support services. One should have basic computer knowledge.
School Office Clerk Skills and Specifications
- Excellent interaction abilities
- Strong effective time management planning capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic bookkeeping and bookkeeping knowledge
- Sorting through the inbound emails and forwarding them to the concerned individuals
- Good typing and shorthand skills
- Recording various types of information and updating them as & when required
School Office Clerk Salary
The average salary for this position ranges from $17363 to $40241 per annum.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Office Job Description