School Secretary Job Profile and Description
A School Secretary is an individual, who is responsible for the provision of immensurable assistance to the school, the principal, and teachers. School secretaries perform general office tasks and a multitude of needs specific to the school. School secretaries work in either a deputed grade-level school or an administrative office location. They may perform secretarial duties in private or public school buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transcribing or composing difficult draft, programs, memorandums, communication, and other materials, using typewriter or computer.
- Supervising academics and sports activities of students and monitoring educational setting in the absence of a teacher.
- Greeting guests to institution, determining nature of business, as well as guiding guests to the concerned department
- Filing and keeping record of students
- Answering telephone and providing the requested information, taking messages, or forwarding calls.
- Holding staff meetings and coordinating school events
- Meeting parents and listening to their concerns
- Maintaining office resources, ordering and providing institution resources, when needed.
- Disbursing resources, producing financial dealings, auditing and balancing school-fund and other student-organization accounts.
- Accepting and deposit resources for meals, college pupil actions, and institution resources.
- Maintaining calendar of celebration vacations, public vacations, scheduled institution events, and so on.
- Taking dictation in shorthand as well as transcription notes, using pc or typewriter.
- Scheduling meeting sessions for parents with the accountable institution employees. Documenting institution absences, processing lunch number and the daily attendance.
Skills and Specifications
- Conversant with organization guidelines and techniques.
- Conversant with academic framework.
- Ability to work a variety of workplace systems.
- Able to manage first aid in problems.
- Should be reliable and timely
- Should display a contented, sincere, comfortable, and attractive individuality.
- Should have great love towards children.
Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree with basic office management skills.
- Relevant training or certificate course in office management is an added advantage.
Popular Job Description Search:
- school secretary job description sample
- sample school secretary job description
- school secretary job description
- sample job description school secretary
- pupil accounting secretary job description
- school secretary sample job description
- sample copy of school secretary main duties
- example job application school secretary
- daily secretarial job duties
- school secretary duties and responsibilities