Secretary Job Description
A Secretary is responsible to provide management support to the company and managing and performing various projects and responsibilities in the organization. They have to schedule appointments and make necessary arrangements for staff meetings, and senior management travel etc-etc.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Preparing and handling correspondences, documents and reports.
- Taking notes, typing and disseminating minutes of events.
- Maintaining directories, managing equipments and handling work place.
- Executing and keeping office schedules and calendars
- Handling inbound mails, calls, enquiries, or requests.
- Maintaining and devising workplace techniques, including processing, details management etc.
- Establishing and keeping secretarial practices to ensure accurate and reliable details, essential for business operations.
- Arranging and confirming appointments, and planning inner and exterior events.
- Organizing and managing events, routes, and conferences.
- Setting up and keeping processing techniques, developing work procedures and collating details.
- Liaising with inner and exterior contacts, suppliers or clients.
- Providing orientation and training for new staff, conducting research on internet, managing, and troubleshooting new workplace technologies.
- Communicating verbally as well as in writing to respond to inquiries and offering information.
Skills and Specifications -
- Knowledge of office and management procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable programs, such as word processing, excel spreadsheets, and database control.
- Proficiency in punctuation, sentence structure, and English vocabulary abilities.
- Good at typewriting.
- Attention to detail and capability to maintain confidentiality
- Initiative, stress tolerance, and customer-service orientation
- Organizational abilities or management ability.
Education and Qualifications -
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant training or certification in office administration is a plus.