Biometrics Job Profile and Description
A Biometrics job involves applying statistical and mathematical techniques to interpret large quantities of information generated by development and research work in the applied and pure biological sciences. The areas contain food science, agriculture, forestry, genetics, environmental science, health. An application of statistics to medicine, agriculture, biology, and drug development is Biometry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, analyzing and interpreting trials and the biological systems modeling.
- Modeling the particular disease spread.
- Performing clinical trials on newly manufactured and developed drugs.
- Modeling population modifications for certain animal species.
- Testing the functioning and operation of new varieties of crop.
- Working as a researcher in agricultural institute and hospitals.
- Working with computer software while researching.
- Planning, evaluating and implementing clinical trials on new products.
- Supervising and managing laboratory work.
- Providing advice and information to external bodies and colleagues.
- Keeping up with research on new products and attending events and conferences
- Liaising with co-workers from non-scientific personnel.
Skills and Specifications
- Efficient level of numeracy.
- Methodical way of approach.
- Good IT skills.
- Extremely high safety and health standards.
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings.
- Good communication skills
Education and Qualification
- Degree in biotechnology, biological sciences, microbiology or related field from an accredited university is basic
- Bachelor’s degree in pure or applied Sciences from a well known college is essential.
Filed in: Pharmaceutical Job Description