Pharmaceutical Business Development Job Profile and Description
A pharmaceutical business development executive is someone who is responsible for increasing the market recognition and garnering profits for the pharmaceutical organization he is working for.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A pharmaceutical business development executive has to bring business and increase profits for the pharmaceutical organization.
- He has to develop relationships with health care professionals in order to push his product.
- He has to coordinate and provide support to the marketing department regarding garnering sales for the organization.
- He has to involve himself in calling on and building relationships with prospective and existing clients with a view to sell his product.
- He has to make presentations in front of health care professionals.
- He has to plan the acquisition of new business in untapped areas along with other members of the business development team.
- He has to distribute samples of his product to prospective clients, health care professionals, etc.
- He has to participate in meetings of the business development team.
Skills and Specifications
- A pharmaceutical business development executive ought to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He ought to have very strong interpersonal skills and be able to easily gain the confidence of others.
- He ought to have good personality as he is the one responsible of being the pharmaceutical organization’s face in front of healthcare professionals who endorse the product.
- He ought to be a willing team worker as a lot of good business development depends on team work.
- He ought to possess a good understanding of market dynamics and client requirements.
- He ought to possess very high salesmanship.
Education and Qualifications
A pharmaceutical business development executive ought to have at least a Bachelor’s degree. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry is highly desirable. Practical training in business development and sales gives an added advantage.