Pharmaceutical Microbiologist Job Profile and Description
The Pharmaceutical Microbiologist brings the science of microbiology in a pharmaceutical application to study, investigate and understand the reproduction, development, structure, and other characteristics of microscopic organisms like fungi, bacteria and algae. A microbiological understanding leads to the pharmaceutical formulation of antibiotics, antiseptics and other anti-microbial drugs to treat diseases caused by these microorganisms.
Microbiologist Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the assigned lab tests to identify and isolate the microbial agents responsible for causing diseases.
- Conduct tests on new formulation to evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy of antiseptic, disinfectant, deodorizing and other hygiene and personal care products for commercial product registration.
- Supervise laboratory assistants to ensure that tests are conducted in compliance with approved practices and procedures.
- Maintain laboratory procedures in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice standards of the US FDA.
- Maintain and update laboratory databases
- Propagate and maintain microbial stocks for testing purposes.
- Provide management with regular progress reports of tests
Microbiologist Skills and Specifications
- Should have an eye for detail and observant to identify aberrant or unique microbial action and reaction to specific anti-microbial formulation
- Should have a good foundation in statistical laboratory testing methodologies
- Should be willing to work long hours even under extreme work pressures
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be able to organize, analyze and interpret data into significant information bits
Microbiologist Education and Qualifications
- A college BS degree in Biology or Chemistry is basic requirement
- A master’s degree in Microbiology coupled with a few years of experience in a laboratory work gives an added advantage
The microbiologist can enjoy an average annual salary which of $65,000. The middle 50% earned between $50,000 and $90,000. The lowest 10% received around $40,000 while the highest 10% received about $125,000.
Popular Job Description Search:
- pharmaceutical microbiologist job description
- microbiologist job description pharmaceutical
- clinical microbiologist job description pharmaceuticals
- jd for microbiology in pharmaceutical
- microbiology tech responsibilities in pharmaceutical manufacturing
Filed in: Pharmaceutical Job Description