Pharmaceutical Researcher Job Profile and Description
A pharmaceutical researcher is someone who involves himself in research to find out ways and means of developing new medicines, dosages and medical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A pharmaceutical researcher has to do research in creating new dosage specifications and forms.
- He has to provide pharmacy services in matters of investigational drug management.
- He has to study and analyze the way in which a particular medicine gets absorbed, distributed, metabolized and eliminated after it has been consumed.
- He has to engage himself in creating innovative preparation techniques of medicines for investigational purposes.
- He has to coordinate and support the registration of medicines that requires patient registration with specialty pharmacies.
- He may also have to help in clinical trials of new medicines to find out its viability and efficacy.
- He may also have to provide medical training to pharmacy staff, healthcare providers and patients with regards to specialized medicines.
Skills and Specifications
- A pharmaceutical researcher ought to possess a high degree of perseverance to be successful in this profession.
- He ought to have strong researching capabilities.
- He ought to be able to handle long working hours.
- He ought to be a quick problem – solver because working with new kinds of medicines may bring up new and unforeseen issues.
- He should have the ability to work independently without supervisory guidance.
- He should have the teamwork capabilities required to contribute effectively and creatively to the working of a team.
- He ought to have extensive laboratory expertise and high publication records as well.
- He ought to possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Qualifications
A pharmaceutical researcher ought to possess a Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy from a pharmacy college that has been accredited. He ought to also possess a minimum of 4 years of working experience as a pharmacist.
Filed in: Pharmaceutical Job Description