Pharmaceutical Sales Job Profile and Description
A Pharmaceutical Sales Representative’s job entails educating health care professionals and physicians about the company medicinal products by presenting g scientific information. Pharmaceutical Sales Representative regularly calls on professionals of health care and endorses the promotional attempt behind the company products. Representatives maintain an on-going and effective level of product knowledge, acts as a reliable point source of product information to all the professionals of health care in the region or territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping the latest clinical data provided by the company and understanding, demonstrating and discussing the data with health care professionals at the time of presentations.
- Creating and executing a strong and powerful call plan.
- Utilizing provided reporting tools for achieving territorial or regional goals and objectives.
- Communicating and collaborating with the Regional Manager on specified goals.
- Building business relations with the designated customers.
- Utilizing selling skills to focus customer with the presentations and maintaining post call notes for helping pre-call planning.
- Attending and participating in POA meetings, held quarterly.
- Merchandising the company samples and supporting materials for utmost impact on clients.
- Aiming for an opportunity for prospective new business and evaluate the existing customers’ sales potential.
- Distributing samples to licensed practitioners only and following all available sample regulations.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to interact softly and cooperate with employees of company.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and foster innovation skills.
- Build trust and value others through effective communication.
- Strong focus on customer
- Able to maintain internal and external professional relationships that help in meeting core values of company.
- Proactively demonstrate and maintain solid working relationships with team and all other supporting departments.
- Proven ability to advertize and sell goods, concepts and services.
- Strong organizational and highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer understanding ability as well as market dynamics understanding and its requirements.
- Confident individual and persistence.
- Self-motivation and patience.
- Very strong networking skills.
- Strong business and commercial awareness.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in life sciences, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy or nursing is basic.
- Science or Health care background course.
Filed in: Pharmaceutical Job Description