Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job Profile and Description
A pharmaceutical sales Representative is responsible for bringing business for the pharmaceutical company he is working for. He has to deal directly with customers of the company, i.e. health care professionals, and ensure that the product receives high sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A pharmaceutical sales rep has to give presentations to health care professionals, doctors and other medical staff regarding the medicine he is selling.
- He has to make calls to pharmacists and doctors and set up appointments.
- He has to work and coordinate with the sales team of the company to understand the market and develop sales strategies.
- He has to constantly endeavor to develop relationships with new health care professionals entering the field.
- He has to maintain contacts with existing customers of the company.
- He ought to take steps to stay up – to – date with new clinical data being found and learn to use them during his presentations.
- He has to gain as much knowledge about competition as possible so that he can use them during the presentations he makes in front of heath care professionals.
Skills and Specifications
- Pharmaceutical sales reps’ need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He should possess very good interpersonal skills to be successful in this field.
- He should be a natural salesman and have the ability to convince the customer about his product easily.
- He ought to have strong presentation skills.
- He ought to have the self – confidence to make cold calls to new customers.
- He should possess the ability to deal with a failed sales call.
- He ought to be a team player.
Education and Qualifications
A pharmaceutical sales rep ought to possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Prior work experience in working of a pharmaceutical company gives an added advantage. Knowledge about medicinal products is significant.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Pharmaceutical Job Description