Pharmacist, Supervisor Job Description and Profile
Under general direction, the job of Supervisor Pharmacist involves planning, organizing and coordinating various pharmacy tasks. The Supervising Pharmacists dispenses and compounds pharmaceutical medicines as well as prescriptions. He likewise performs related tasks and duties when requisite.
Duties and Specifications
- May serve as in charge, assuming full accountability for compliance of staff and facility with state regulations.
- Supervises professional and clerical staff members and chooses and trains staff members.
- Assigns and evaluates staff member work.
- Fully develops procedures and policies for operation of staff and facility.
- Documents, reports and keeps medication mistakes and initiates corrective plan.
- Counsels staff on performance and development of work.
- Takes appropriate disciplinary actions.
- Prepares budget of the pharmacy, ensuring cash flow and reviews all invoices for payment.
- Consults with nurses and doctors on pharmaceutical queries.
- Advises doctors on formulary medications as well as innovative types of therapies.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to learn and apply laws, principles as well as practices of general supervision.
- Be able to assign, evaluate and prioritize the work of other employees and subordinates.
- Should know how to develop as well as implement procedures and methods of operations.
- Be able to utilize effective and professional communication skills and abilities in order to establish harmonious work relations with clinical, medical, pharmaceutical and other department workers.
- Should know how to collect and fully analyze various data, draw appropriate conclusions, and form proper recommendations.
- Be able to learn the principles of preparation and administration of pharmaceutical budget.
- Able to maintain appropriate types of records as well as document actions done.
- Should be able to perform mathematical computations.
- Be able to maintain full confidentiality in customer information.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of a valid license for Pharmacist issued by State Board of Pharmacy is essential.
- Two years experience as Pharmacist, which includes a year in lead or supervisory capacity is required.
Popular Job Description Search:
- supervising pharmacist job description
- job description of supervising pharmacist
- job description and responsibilities of supervising pharmacist
- job description of a chief pharmacist
- job description supervising pharmacist job description
- qualifications of a suervising harmacist
- supervising pharmacist job description template
- supervising pharmacist job descriptions
Filed in: Pharmaceutical Job Description