Clinical Trial Assistant Job Profile and Description
A clinical trial assistant is someone who is responsible for helping in the overall performing of a clinical research trial process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A clinical trial assistant has to help the main investigator, scientist or physician who is responsible for the overall performance of the trial.
- He has to accurately track and maintain the clinical systems of the trial and check to see whether project timelines and track site compliance is being met.
- He has to help the staff assigned with the trial to prepare, handle, distribute, file, and archive the clinical documentation of the trial.
- He has to ensure that standard operating procedures are being met during the trial.
- He has to provide assistance in tracking and managing the CRF’s, clinical data flow and other queries of the trial.
- He has to prepare, handle and distribute the Clinical Trial Supplies and maintain tracking information.
- He has to be the central contact of the clinical trial team in all communications, documentations and correspondence.
- He may have to involve himself in performing certain administrative functions as well to support the trial team.
Skills and Specifications
- A clinical research assistant needs to be able to work on his own.
- He must be equipped with excellent planning, problem – solving and organizational skills.
- He must possess very good interpersonal and communications skills to be successful in this profession.
- He must be proficient is using the computer.
- He must have good teamwork ability.
- He must also possess very high analytical and negotiating skills.
Education and Qualifications
A clinical research assistant must have an advanced degree in his field of interest, such as a PhD, MD or Pharm. D. Interest in research work is also a must in this field.
Popular Job Description Search:
- clinical trial assistant job description
- sample job description clinical trial assistant
- clinical trial asssitant job description
Filed in: Research Job Description