Social Science Research Assistant Job Profile and Description
The Social Science Research Assistant gives academic and operational assistance to social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social research works. These research works involve event investigation, data gathering and analyses, document management, result publication and release. They work under direct supervision of Social Scientists for non-routine tasks.
Social Science Research Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and facilitate travel documents in any overseas travel related to social research activities.
- Obtain permission from individuals and companies as may be required in any research or interviews.
- Verify the validity and accuracy of raw and processed data entered in databases.
- Build-up and complete data mining of extensive social research databases.
- Conduct library and internet-based research.
- Prepare presentation tables, graphs, and other spreadsheet visuals in presenting research results or for publication.
- Assist the social scientist in conducting seminars and workshops to release research findings to various private and government companies.
- Perform research tasks as may be directed by the social scientist.
- Assist or perform multivariate statistical analyses of data using computer simulation models or software.
Social Science Research Assistant Skills and Specifications
- Should possess excellent organizational skills for sorting through research data
- Should have computer skills to use Word, Spreadsheet and presentation applications
- Should have adequate background in statistical methods
- Should have strong affinity with investigative journalism
- Should possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Social Science Research Assistant Education and Qualifications
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences is essential for a position in research or the academe.
- A master’s degree in the same field is an preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in the research or teaching faculty gives an added advantage
Social Science Research Assistant Salary
The average salary for a Social Science Research Assistant is approx $19 per hour or $40,000 yearly. The range the salaries cover various social research company in both public and private company in many states. States with generally high pay structures provide higher pay for the position.
Popular Job Description Search:
- job desription of a social research assistant
- job description of a science assistance
- social sciences research assistant duties
Filed in: Research Job Description