Assistant Buyer Job Profile and Description
The job of an Assistant Buyer pertains to providing administrative, organizational and technical assistance to the purchase division of a company. Assistant buyers are usually required for their expertise in the functions of a retail, or departmental store. This profession requires a person to work in a dynamic scenario and follow the tasks as delegated by the supervising authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating market trends and price of goods and supplies in the market.
- Networking and negotiating with suppliers for competitive prices.
- Making and filling all documentations like purchase orders etc.
- Making market survey analysis and reports.
- Assisting in making budgets and financial plans for the purchase of supplies.
- Keeping a record of all the materials purchased for the store.
- Analyzing market reports and strategizing plans for the stores.
- Following and completing all delegated tasks as per the necessary schedule.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the quality of goods and supplies of the store.
- Leading a team of subordinates and conducting necessary training activities.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent written and verbal communiqué aptitude and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability network and negotiate with suppliers.
- Must possess analytical and skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Must have decision-making and the ability to handle crisis and meet necessary deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, GED certification or any corresponding qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in retail, store management or material procurement with 1 to 2 years of experience in retail or store purchases.